Reposting this note on using your own computer (as opposed to your NMU-issued laptop) for printing in the library.
So you don’t use or don’t like the NMU laptops for whatever reason. There are many things that can be said about this, but from a printing in the library standpoint, you will need to have the NMU printers loaded on your computer (Library Laser, Library Color Laser, PEIF Laser, Jacobetti Laser, etc). If they aren’t there, you will not be able to print directly. There are several workarounds:
- You can go to the Helpdesk and get these printers loaded onto your computer.
- You can conduct your work on the NMU-issued laptops.
- You can email yourself the work and print it off from a library computer.
- You can email or copy it to a friend and they can print from their computer.
- You can forget the whole thing.
1 and 2 are probably the best options. 3 and 4 happen more often than you think. Perhaps 5 does as well, but that’s kind of a downer.