- You may now request EduCat courses for the Winter 2012 semester at http://myweb.nmu.edu/faculty
- EduCat courses must be requested for each semester they are used. As an instructor, you will see courses from previous semesters in your Course List, and you can make updates to them at any time. However, until an EduCat request is submitted and processed for a specific semester, the EduCat course is not linked to Banner, the system that manages course rosters. Without that link, students cannot access your course.
- The EduCat request form allows you to request EduCat courses for the course sections to which you are assigned. It also enables you to combine more than one of your sections into a single course in EduCat. Some faculty “team teach” and combine sections assigned to multiple instructors. Some departments use a single EduCat course for many sections of a lab. The EduCat request form does not provide a means for documenting special requests such as those. If you have such a need, in addition to completing the EduCat Class Request, you must also send an e-mail that details your needs to firstname.lastname@example.org . We will not carry over special requests from previous semesters. Please send us a detailed e-mail request even if what we define as a special request is an established practice in your area.
- Processing EduCat course requests is a manual process and requires some turnaround time. We had more than 1,000 requests this semester and are anticipating a similarly high number for Winter 2012. We process requests as quickly as possible, but recommend submitting your requests at least a few days in advance of when you need them completed.
- For those who are new to the system, or would like a refresher, an “Introduction to EduCat” workshop will be offered on Tuesday, November 29, 3:30pm – 5:00pm in LRC 112.
For additional details, registration, and a list of other workshops, please go to http://idtm.nmu.edu/registration