Active learning has been a big part of discussions throughout the planning, design, and construction process for the new Jamrich Hall. Lectures halls will have two rows per tier to facilitate group work, and flat classrooms will be a mix of SCALE-UP rooms (fixed round tables), and rooms with movable trapezoidal tables. How much technology to include has been an interesting question, both with regard to demand and regard to the project budget. It now appears that we will be able to outfit three 36 seat SCALE-UP rooms with technology similar to that used in our pilot room. Differences include that SMART boards will not be included (they have been minimally used in the pilot room) and that wireless video connections will be used for student tables.
- Leonard, Smock heading to CMU’s CEEIRSS conference
- New Jamrich Hall to include three technology-enhanced active learning classrooms
- Dr. Robert Beichner, SCALE-UP originator, to visit NMU
- Different Courses Different Styles
- Lindsay, Smock Preparing for Sloan-C/MERLOT Emerging Technologies Conference Presentations